Signs and Treatment For Anxiety
If the lyrics, “palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy” are something that you can easily relate to then you could be dealing with anxiety. It’s natural for most of us to feel nervous before an upcoming work meeting or important exam, but the difference between those everyday nerves and a true anxiety disorder is that an anxiety disorder can cause people to retreat from their everyday lives to avoid those intense and sometimes debilitating symptoms of anxiety.
What are the symptoms of an anxiety disorder?
Wondering if you or a family member may be dealing with anxiety? It’s worth turning to one of our health care professionals at Solstice Health & Wellness for further evaluation if you are noticing these common symptoms of anxiety,
- Constant worry
- Trouble concentrating
- Unexplained fatigue
- Increased irritability
- Sleep problems (difficulty falling asleep; feeling restless at night)
- Panic attacks
- Avoiding social interactions out of fear of humiliation, judgment or embarrassment
If you are dealing with anxiety your doctor can talk to you about a variety of ways to treat your symptoms. Most treatment plans for anxiety will involve a variety of options including,
- Counseling/therapy: Cognitive-behavioral therapy can be incredibly effective for those with anxiety disorders
- Medication: there are certain medications that can quickly and effectively alleviate the physical discomfort and intense effects of anxiety or a panic attack
- Lifestyle changes: avoiding alcohol, taking time to meditate, eating healthy and limiting caffeine are all ways to improve your lifestyle to make anxiety symptoms better
Your doctor can talk to you about certain lifestyle changes you can make to improve symptoms, as well as certain vitamins and supplements that could also provide some relief. It’s important that you have a doctor that you can turn to not just to provide you with the proper treatment options but also someone who can understand your unique needs.
The medical team at Solstice Health & Wellness can provide you with a tailored treatment plan that can help you better manage your anxiety, whether you choose to take medication or would like to avoid medication and find more natural solutions.